Monday, October 17, 2005

lunch

was the incident of the frozen eggs thawed out in a tub of
warm water. Wouldn't recommend you try it on someone
you like.

bought freakonomics. spilt coffee on it.

found out what 'patra' is. yummy.

communication breakdown by led zepp. is always a pain.

master wok sends his regards as well as two items with rice
or lo-mien and choice of soda for 4.95

friend recommends 'Crash'. and 'Memento'. and a couple of topics
for open-ended discussions we both know we may never have.
no bulky reasons. just the simple ones from physics. time, space.

funny. the well was always dry when you were thirsty. and
now it's full. and the water is sweeter. and you're not thirsty
anymore.

re-discovered my fling with R.E.Ms "UP" when I saw it in one
of the stores . Been a while, but I used to play it again and again
when in hostel and let my mind run around in a stupor.

was very windy outside. but sunny. took a walk.

there goes the cooker's second whistle. do you know they're talking
about building an elevator into space. no more spaceships. you
take the lift. and press the button for a five-digit floor.

8 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Well, water, dry, full...! Why am I hung up on those lines now?

Elevator to space... Well, Cuba can wait! Lets go spacing!!!!!!

8:21 PM, October 17, 2005  
Blogger yesbob said...

hey, they've got to set up a colony and all before one can go holidaying ...

9:00 PM, October 17, 2005  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

There you give me reasons not to go holidaying in space too! Gah!

2:11 AM, October 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once had REM's UP. I guarded it jealously along with Pearl Jam but one day an asshole called Surender Ganesh barged in ma house. I hid the CD's but that guy has got some uncanny senses about these things. Rummaged and sneaked through my belongings, he found the CD's in a jiffy. I think he smelled those. He took it and I am still hoping someday I will get them back.

:-(

5:09 PM, October 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

K try making a halwa of flour. Put some ghee in khadai, put some flour in it and let it turn brown a bit. Pour some sugar on it. By the way its the standard method of making caramel, which I came to know from my mom. Damn easy. 5 minutes at the most.

5:11 PM, October 23, 2005  
Blogger yesbob said...

anon#1 : condolences. I can't even say your CD died for a good cause.
anon#2 - halwa ?

11:36 PM, October 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, thirsty... nice... and so true methinks...

I saw that elevator thingy on the news the other day, after we'd spoken about it, and I thought, there, it's happening again - how you come across some term or idea for the second time very soon after you've just heard about it for the first time...

And yeah, I found time to drop in :)... am waiting for 7 to come around...

And I just broke a nail trying to pry out staples on an envelope... ragged edge... can't even file it till i get home...

I've written enough for a medium sized post, so will stop now...

4:24 AM, October 28, 2005  
Blogger yesbob said...

anon : be a guest blogger ? :D

6:23 AM, October 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home