Friday, March 05, 2010

this is what i meant

http://fileit.in/p/31

page-scrape follows

January 2010 I resigned from my well-paying job. I wanted to pursue my dreams, and did not want my career to be a hurdle.

Since then, I have been working as a consultant for a small startup firm Peepal Software, located in Bangalore. I work for them from my home located in Chennai.

I have collected pointers from this experience of mine:

The Joy of Working From Home

  • I don't commute anywhere during peak hours. My carbon footprint is considerably reduced.
  • I go for long evening walks. I know my neighborhood better. I am healthier.
  • I spend enough time with my family.
  • I eat less junk food. I cook. I eat freshly made food.
  • I contribute all reusable code as OpenSource to WizTools.org. Only specific client code goes to the client source repository.
  • I sometime take power-afternoon-nap.
  • I work when I am most productive. For example, I have done similar things few times: awoke from sleep in the mid-of-night, for an idea struck at that time. I am able to implement that idea at that time itself.
  • I don't need to attend mindless meetings. I don't need to attend useless management programs.
  • I get more time to work on my pet-projects (FileIt.in is one of my pet-projects).
  • I have more time to pursue my other hobbies like photography.
  • I get more time to learn technologies I want to learn.

What I miss working from home?

  • Lonely at times. No one around to show off your new shoes, bags and gadgets ;-)

Conclusion

Of course, the benefits overwhelmingly beat the limitations!


1 Comments:

Blogger AaaDee said...

i agree..wish i cud avail this..:(

5:35 AM, June 19, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home