Sunday, March 12, 2006

tagg

I don't like tags. I don't think these chain-mail equivalents should be called memes, which is, I think, a case of the clueless appropriating the beautiful for the mundane. I also don't like to not oblige people (and of course, like talking about myself). So, here goes :

Seven things to do before I die:
-get myself lots of money to leave behind, so that people can fight over me
-build a model helicopter and an insect robot
-sketch/paint a tree on canvas as well as on mspaint
-learn yoga until I can stand upside down on one hand and meditate
-get my own aquarium, and aquascape it every two months
-learn sanskrit and read the scriptures in original
-meet with all my friends

Seven things I can't do:
-remember what I started out to do ten minutes after I get on the internet- I get -distracted and end up on reddit or something else before I know it.
-wake up early - self explanatory. I have a big lazy bone somewhere in me
-return the 'borrowed' copy of 'the cuckoo's egg' that I have since early college
-kneel on my right knee, it buckled when bowling once, and has bawled ever since
-carry a tune, of course , I wasn't always like this, as a child, my singing was , umm, rather appreciated
-watch sports, which is similiar to reading newspapers for me -
-dates I know I'm doomed. I'm keep forgetting birthdays and anniversaries. It's only a matter of time before someone gets annoyed enough and hits me with a stick or something
-bargain/argue with people

Seven things that attract me to Europe:
-funny british accent
-curious as to what Belgians look like
-the London Tube
-it's being on the way to America
-being the home of Sherlock Holmes
-proximity to Sicily, where the good Don Corleone hails from
-prominent featuring in many many spy novels

Seven good books :
Seven indeed. Seven is an injustice to the rest thousand. Still, leaving out a lot of biggies, like Tintin and Asterix and Sherlock Holmes and assorted war comics and lots of other similiar stuff, the list becomes ..
-The Cuckoo's Egg, by Cliff Stoll
the attitude and the humorous observations are liberating ...
-A Pelican at Blandings, by P.G Wodehouse
P.G Wodehouse is a warm cozy place. I ought to go there more often. The stiff upper lip and dressing for dinner marked a very sleepy-comfy school time for me.
-Cryptonomicon , by Neal Stephenson
a whirlwind tour of magical trinkets for the geeky.
-Nightfall and other short stories, by Isaac Asimov
I consider Asimov to be the best science fiction writer ever. The word 'Father' would not be far off. None comes close to weaving characters,plot and humor so smoothly with sci/fi devices like mind-control etc.
-Three men in a boat, by Jerome K Jerome
Book has a calming influence. The travel and humor soothes, recharges and rekindles spontaneity and enthusiasm.
-The Wind in the Willows, Kennethe Grahame
grew up with it. A staple during the vacations. Enid Blytons come and go, this one does not. Puttering around in boats is sooo much fun ....
-Zen and the Art of motorcycle maintenance
made me think, made me ramble off track and meander ever since. Is my excuse for insanity.

Seven good Movies :
Snatch
Enemy of the State
Ocean's Eleven
The Big Lebowski
The Big Fish
The Matrix
Vanishing Point

almost all masala films, you see . Haven't included any serious stuff that I have seen and liked ( for the simple reason I can't remember them here )
Seven blogs to tag:
naaah, I don't do this

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

We watched 'The Big Fish' together! I didn't realize you liked it this much!

3:25 PM, March 14, 2006  
Blogger yesbob said...

well, I liked the movie.
And does the name 'Jerome K Jerome' ring a bell ?

5:19 AM, March 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home