Tuesday, December 18, 2018

A day in the life

I am tempted to add 'worthless' before the 'life' in the title but Chad Fowler has asked to stamp out cynicism, and Toit_Lover tagged my '72 % water 100% useless' meme forward as 'dark'.
So I won't.

Luckily ,was able to prime a bit this morning  - getting started with a tiny bit of Tony before the Tiny Banana kidnapped my phone to draw on Google Keep - yet another hobby of mine  - scrawling on Keep .
We try to keep her away from phones 'coz she's developing a squint and I want to avoid a costly surgery in the future.
The 4bx went off well, as Tiny-Mom was out of the house in the morning doing her run and I got the kitchen to myself. Chores completed quickly - (had to fend off helpful parents - and was out of the house as soon as Tiny-Mom came in.  An effective pattern to keep in mind for .. well - daily.

The drivecast today was Tony, a break from the regular Ajahn Brahm (AB), probably because I feel
can-do-ish. 

I have so many books on InternetArchive, O'Reilly Safari, plain PDFs and in paper to complete - I am so overwhelmed. There are books on Taoism on IA which I might not find elsewhere. Buddha in the Robot is something I look forward to completing. While I first referenced it in Lance Daybreak pieces by Erik Davis, I feel Gary Zukav might have started the Hua-Yen new -age nonsense with this book, and that all else are derivative ..
Sadly, in many things, I have forever been living in the dim light of the derivative for ages, missing the core , the heartwood of culture.

Norbert Weiner's Cybernetics is going to be my life long goal. I need to finish it before I die. Seriously. Then comes Herbert Simon and Shannon. Chaos Theory can wait.

There's lunch with SuperLiar-DeliciouslyDeluded-Hustler-snakeoilsaleman-spirit-animal-Fakebastard.


I also want 2019 to focus on economic sense, and psychological well being.

We come back to this again and again - workouts make me feel 'alive'. If only there as a way to not let being overcast affect the workouts.

Immediate reading list :
* Portable mba - finance & accounting
* Dhammapada - eknath easwaran

Eventual reading:
* microeconomics -varian
* macroeconomics cartoon guide

Hey ,guess what, one down  two down , three to go - exercise & writing is done,  remaining is cooking, reading and socializing.

For the unsufferable mid-week, when getting out of bed itself is a challenge, I propose hitting limits - like running without restraint, or back-permitting - lifting, to remember what  muscles make up the me. The daily restricted existence dulls the will to live.  Moustache !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home