Saturday, September 23, 2023

path back to fitness - a hypothesis

 1. build a minimum level of cardio and flexibility and strength for following steps

2. do any exercise activity that takes your pulse into the 120-130 range. check via wrist HR monitor watch taken from wife. Do this for 5 minutes. take a rest of 1 minute or so, sitting down, until HR falls back below 100

in my case, on-the-spot walking is enough for me to raise HR to above 120. sad but true. this is what i am struggling against

3.  do the previous step, including run and rest, for 4 to 5 times. track in a sheet

this should help heart capacity to grow. 

combine daily with hybrid calisthenics for flexibility and strength , or with 5bx , for basic, getting-off-the-ground level of fitness

every 2 or 3 days, do eight-brocade and/or the taichi-zidong exercises for activating, energising and strengthening parts of the body untouched by the above.

from videos, once a week, max out for 2 minutes, rest, repeat, stop. this is HIIT.

update 25sep : doing on-the-spot walking for 5/10 minutes, instead of for 100-count, seems to work better. Or maybe, I seem to have progressed to that level.

Ots10min (was 5 until yday) is good enough to push the body into the weak-need-rest zone but also not strenous enough to cause it to crash/collapse, and make me binge-eat-drink-coffee just to stay awake.

chanting the mahamantra for outrageous (to myself) counts seems to help move me into some sort of pranayama-by-side-effect, and I notice Kumbaka happening.

morning yogasanas help loosen the back, which scrunched back into place when I was carrying short-round at the bus stop.

can I do zazen daily ? can I do sanskrit daily ? sicp ? toymatic ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home