Thursday, September 08, 2005

Now ..

'.. it passes on and I begin to lose it,'
he said presently. 'O Mole! the beauty
of it! The merry bubble and joy, the
thin, clear, happy call of the distant
piping! Such music I never dreamed of,
and the call in it is stronger even than
the music is sweet! Row on, Mole, row!
For the music and the call must be for us.'

The Mole, greatly wondering, obeyed. 'I
hear nothing myself,' he said, 'but the wind
playing in the reeds and rushes and osiers.'



Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

1 Comments:

Blogger Progga said...

Again, one of my all-time favourite books. Recall the section where Mole and Rat have finally gone back to Mole's house... and the few wrap-up paragraphs of that chapter - about coming home? Ain't nothing more beautiful than that.

4:56 PM, September 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home